EFQUEL is currently looking for a Managing Director for the Association
Job opportunity at the European Foundation for Quality in e-Learning
(Publication date: 20th of March 2014) Download in PDF
- Position title: Managing Director for the Association
- Period: as soon as possible (duration undetermined)
- Location: Brussels, Rue des Deux Eglises 35, 1000 Brussels
- Remuneration: starting from 3000 euro (gross) depending on experience
The job in brief
EFQUEL is a network organisation with 3 staff members in the secretariat and operating with the support and involvement of some of the key member organisations. EFQUEL seeks to fill the position of its managing director for its Brussels office. The person will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of EFQUEL and for implementing the strategic directions of the Board: management of the organisation itself (administration and finances), general activity management and controlling of progress, communication and networking with EFQUEL’s membership, conference organisation (EFQUEL Innovation Forum) and European project work organisations and implementation. The managing director will work in close collaboration and under the guidance of the board of directors and the EFQUEL operational management team.
Task allocation in detail
Administration and finances: organising and minutes taking of board meetings, bookkeeping preparation, financial controlling (forecasting and budgeting), financial reporting for EU projects, contract management, reporting to board and membership, invoicing and payments.
Work plan and activity management: EFQUEL manages a wide range of activities from quality certifications to European funded projects. The managing director keeps the overview of the various on-going activities, distributes the tasks among the team accordingly and monitors progress.
Communication and networking: website updates, publication of news, attendance to conferences and workshops, membership management, social media updating, membership campaigns for attracting new members, responding to incoming requests.
Conference organisation: EFQUEL organises the EFQUEL Innovation Forum (EIF) once per year, attracting around 150 participants. The EIF2014 will take place on the 7th and 9th of May in Crete, Greece. The managing director oversees the coordination in collaboration with local organiser, follows up with the programme committee, provides communication about the conference through the EFQUEL communication channels and develops and orders conference materials (programme booklet, bag, etc).
European project implementation: EFQUEL is involved in different European funded projects, mainly in collaboration with an EFQUEL researchers team. However, the director keeps an oversight and specifically contributes to the activities of networking projects and does the financial and work plan controlling of the projects. The director also follows up the initial phase of newly starting projects in the period of working at EFQUEL together with one of the researchers.
- Proficiency in English is required, good knowledge of French is a plus.
- Flexible, proactive, solution oriented, structured, autonomous, social and resistant to time pressure.
- Fluent working with Office programmes and social media. Experience in web editing in WordPress and graphical design programmes are a plus.
- Experience: minimum 4 years of working experience.
- Experience in working in European Funded projects.
- Experience in working in the education sector is a plus.
- Willingness to travel
Contract duration and future opportunities
We are looking for a long term partnership and offer an undetermined contract.
- Applications (motivation letter and CV) to be sent before the 4th of April 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “candidature managing director”
- Selection and interviews: between 7th and 15th of April
- Interviews in EFQUEL office: 22nd of April
- Starting date: as soon as possible