EFQUEL is currently looking for a Communications Officer.
Start Date: 1 April 2014
Location: Brussels, Rue des Deux Eglises 35, 1000 Brussels
Remuneration: 2700 Euro brut salary – full-time
The job in brief
EFQUEL is a small network organisation with 3 staff members and operating with the support and involvement of some of the key member organisations. The communication officer will be responsible for the communication and networking activities of the network as well as its membership management. The communication officer will work in close collaboration and under the guidance of the EFQUEL director and the board of directors.
Task allocation in detail
- Develops and implements a communication plan to convey the EFQUEL message and achievements to key audiences through a variety of activities, events and communication products
- Provides communication support for EFQUEL’s European projects
- Represents EFQUEL at conferences and workshops
- Manages media relations
- Website and social media updates
- On-going communications activities such as responding to inquiries, maintaining calendar of events and communications mailing lists and evaluating the impact of key communications tools.
- Membership management
- Membership campaigns for attracting new members
- Supporting the EFQUEL director in the organisation of the yearly conference
- Proficiency in English is required, good knowledge of French is a plus.
- Flexible, proactive, solution oriented, structured, autonomous, social and resistant to time pressure.
- Fluent working with Office programmes and social media.
- Experience in web editing in WordPress and graphical design programmes are a plus.
- Minimum 2 year of working experience.
- Experience in working in a European environment is a plus
- Willing to travel occasionally
Contract duration and future opportunities
The contract is limited to 6 months but might be extended in the future, depending on the development of EFQUEL activities in the year 2014.
- Applications to be sent before the 10th of February 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “candidature communication officer” including your cv and a motivation letter.
- Selection and interviews: between 10th of February and 15th of March 2014
- Contract signing: between 15th and 20th of March 2014
- Starting date: 1th of April 2014